Joined: 07 Sep 2004
|Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:51 pm Post subject: Version 3.16 for Linux Installation
1. Download the version from Linux directory.
2. Download also all the MySQL files. Please see: mySQL-INSTALL.316
3. Open the tar.gz to a Linux directory with root permissions.
4. Create a softlink: ln –s AradialDir /usr/local/aradial. AradialDir is the folder.
5. Database installation as explained in mySQL-INSTALL.316:
a. Install the MySQL version from our site or greater.
b. Install the unixODBC version from our site or greater.
c. The MySQL version should be at least 4.0.13.
d. Do not forget to copy my.cnf from Aradial folder/etc and then restart the mysqld (/etc/init.d/mysql restart).
e. Create the database using the script from Database/MySql in Aradial folder.
f. Check the database with isql as explained in the installation.
6. Either copy the ardrad to init.d and then you can start it as a daemon or run manually:
a. ./ardserver - the server
b. ./ardadmin - the admin
c. ./ardportal - the portal
d. ./ardwsc - the wsc.
1. The configuration file is rbsrad.conf
2. The default ports are set to 1812, 1813
3. All the logs are opened, this is to enable debugging. If you wish to do a load test you must closed them and leave just the severe on.
4. Multithreaded support is disabled. You can change it if you wish, and restart the server.
5. To change to Oracle you just have to change the soft links to point to: ardserverora and ardadminora. And also change the Hts/Messages to use Oracle statements.